Gifts that Pay You Income
You can continue your support for CSPF to preserve California’s state parks and receive an income for life. If you’re considering these types of gifts we recommend you consult with your professional advisors.
Charitable Gift Annuities
You can transfer money to a charitable gift annuity and receive income for life.
This plan allows you to give a substantial donation to CSPF while receiving tax-favorable income for life. Interest rates on charitable gift annuities are sometimes higher than certificates of deposit (CDs) and other bank rates. Benefits include:
- Attractive rate of return
- Monthly payments
- Depending on age, all or a portion of the income is tax-free
- Immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift
- The residual portion of the gift can be designated according to your wishes
- Your gift passes to CSPF outside of the estate process
Charitable Remainder Trusts
You can earn income for yourself or a beneficiary while making a gift to CSPF. A charitable remainder trust enables you to preserve or improve your financial security and make a gift to us.
You may realize a significant benefit by transferring property to a trust that will eventually be a charitable gift to CSPF. Benefits include:
- Highly flexible and can be customized to your needs and goals
- Generates income while making an important future gift to CSPF
- May increase income from the assets you donate
- Qualifies for an immediate income tax deduction
- Allows you to diversify your portfolio and avoid any capital gains tax on the assets used to fund the trust
- Receives professional asset management
- Reduces possible estate taxation
If you have any questions, please email Natalia Straus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support.